D2 Solution

Training & Career Development/ Healthcare/Study Abroad/Tourism

header photo



All original documents requiring attestation or Apostille should be first authenticated by the designated agencies in the State from where the document has been issued. In the case of personal documents, Home Department/General Administration Department is the designated authority. In case of educational documents, the documents should first be authenticated by the Education Department of the concerned State Government/Union Territory. The details of the Regional Authentication Centre (RACs) in the States/UTs from where the documents should first be authenticated are given below. The Ministry of External Affairs attests the documents on the basis of the signature of the designated signing authorities of the State Government/Union Territory/Chambers of Commerce; hence it does not take responsibility for the contents of the documents.

Commercial Documents:-

Commercial Documents are to be pre-authenticated by the respective Chambers of Commerce before these can be attested by the Ministry of External Affairs.

Apostille: India is a member of the Hague Convention of October 5, 1961, abolishing the requirement of legalization of foreign public documents. Apostille is acceptable in 98 member-countries of the Convention - please see the list below - (also visit HCCH website: ). Apostille is done for personal documents like birth/death/marriage certificates, Affidavits, Power of Attorney, etc., and educational documents like degree, diploma, matriculation and secondary level certificates, etc.

Documents required for Educational/Personal certificate attestation for MEA Attestation:

  • Original certificate
  • Passport copy
  • Visa Copy

Please note: for MEA attestation, the original document needs to be pre-authenticated first by respective HRD/HD